Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Finance or Business. Juris Doctor required. Relevant compliance certifications (CAMS, CFE, CRCM, lending compliance) are desirable. Five to 10 years relevant experience in Financial Services Industry or as a Regulator, with an emphasis on Consumer Lending compliance laws and regulations. Experience with Fair Lending requirements a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of BSA/AML/OFAC requirements and federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations (Truth in Lending Act – Reg. Z with an emphasis on closed end consumer credit, Equal Credit Opportunity Act – Reg. B, Fair Credit Reporting Act/FACT Act – Reg. V, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information – Reg. P, E-SIGN Act, Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices – Reg. AA, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, Military Lending Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Reg. E, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC SDN and Consolidated Sanctions Lists)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of consumer lending activities and related compliance functions
- Articulate and communicate highly technical compliance-related information
- Negotiate and collaborate with others, initiate action, adapt to change, make difficult decisions and accept challenging assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to supervise and provide direction to staff, delegate responsibilities appropriately and prioritize assignments
- Excellent analytical and investigative capabilities and the ability to identify potential concerns and recommend operational improvements to management and initiate action
- Refined organizational, project management and follow-up skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, LexisNexis, United States Courts PACER/CMS EF
A Little About Strategic: Peerform is a division of Strategic and is an established marketplace lending platform dedicated to helping individuals take control of their finances. By using cutting edge technology, we connect dependable borrowers with smart investors. We aim to provide our customers with a superior experience free of middlemen and hidden fees.
Strategic Financial Solutions is a leading financial services company that provides comprehensive debt relief solutions for people in difficult financial situations. Through our personalized credit card modification program and our consumer lending products, Strategic has successfully resolved more than $1 Billion in high interest consumer debt for over 100,000 clients. Strategic has been recognized multiple times for our culture and our high growth. In 2015 and 2016 Strategic Financial Solutions was named to Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 Companies list that recognizes the fastest growing companies in New York City. In 2017 we were recognized as one of the top 500 fastest growing private companies in the United States by Inc Magazine. In 2017 we were ranked 21st Best Companies to Work for in New York State. Strategic has 3 state-of-the-art facilities, 2 in Manhattan and 1 in Buffalo to house our family of over 600 and growing. We proudly celebrated our 10th anniversary in June 2017.